Director of Market Access Europe
Zest Medical is currently exclusively partnered with a global leading Biotech company specialising in Rare & Serious Diseases that are looking to recruit a Director of Market Access Europe who can be based from any of their affiliates across Europe.
This is a brand new role in a new EU Market Access function where you will have responsibility for all products in a given therapy area as well as give support across the whole portfolio. You will develop, manage and lead market access initiatives that support the key business objectives for countries in the Europe region. These include the successful European launch of a number of key products over the next 1-5 years. This is a senior position and will be a broad market access role covering A-Z market access from landscaping, value strategy, P&R, and stakeholder engagement.
This position will be highly autonomous with a broad scope so will suit an entrepreneurial individual that is willing to “roll up the sleeves” and be highly involved at both an operational and strategic level.
- A minimum of 7 years’ high level experience of developing, communicating and delivering market access strategies across Europe, particularly the EU5.
- A background in market access consulting would be advantageous
- Experience and expertise in market access strategies for orphan and specialty products is desirable
- Broad market access experience across the four main domains:
- Opportunity assessment and landscaping
- Value strategy and development
- Pricing & Reimbursement
- Stakeholder engagement
- Skills: Business acumen, planning, priority setting, perseverance & drive, organisational agility, negotiation skills, project management skills, remote working capability, ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment.
- Education: background in Biological or Life sciences, including at advanced degree level (MSc, PhD). Desirable: Advanced degree in management e.g. MBA
- Develop, communicate and ensure the effective regional implementation of market access strategies and plans for applicable brands, to ensure their pricing, reimbursement HTA and access targets are met in countries across Europe.
- For applicable brands, develop, communicate and ensure the effective regional implementation of pricing strategies and contracting solutions, including alternative and innovative approaches as necessary, in association with affiliate teams.
- For applicable brands, analyse the implications of various entry strategies and recommend optimal entry strategies, regional floor prices and optimized launch sequences.
- Working closely with colleagues in local country organisations, regional marketing directors and global health economics; generate and shape data and evidence to build and implement optimal market access, pricing, reimbursement and health technology assessment plans that are aligned and consistent across Europe.
- Support affiliates with any specific requests for evidence to secure or justify optimal price or reimbursement as necessary.
- Design, develop and manage appropriate systems and processes necessary to help meet the needs of the market access function across Europe.
- Help ensure corporate memory by contributing to developing and maintaining an up to date information management system for market access across Europe.
- In collaboration with involved stakeholders e.g. brand teams, lead the specification and commissioning of appropriate agency/consulting services when necessary to support the market access function.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise of payers and payer systems across the region to build and maintain a solid understanding of external dynamics and trends in pricing, reimbursement and health technology assessment.
This role has flexibility to be based from any of the affiliates across Europe. Travel will be required.
Competitive salary + benefits package
Contact: Lawrence Murphy
Telephone: 0114 2291673